RadAutoComplete control has been replaced with RadAutoCompleteView and will be removed from the suite soon. You can read about the differences between both components and how to migrate to the new RadAutoCompleteView in the kb article here: Replace AutoComplete with AutoCompleteView
RadAutoComplete for Xamarin can automatically complete user input string by comparing the text being entered to all strings in the associated data source. The control provides means for easy customization and data management.
Figure 1: RadAutoComplete Overview
- Tokens Support: With RadAutoComplete you could enable users to search for and select several items in one control. These items appear as tokens that can easily be deselected using their close button. For more details on this check here.
- Filtering Options: You could define the filtering behavior to display all the matches that either “StartsWith” or “Contains” the typed symbols. Read here for more details on this.
- Watermark: Used to give guidance to the end user on what should be entered in the text input. Check here for more info.
- NoResults Message: NoResults message appears in the popup used for the list of suggestions whenever the control cannot find any matching items. Read more about this here.
- Customizable Items: Whenever the default template does not fit a particular scenario you could use the SuggestionItemTemplate property to define a custom template. Read here for detailed instructions on how you could apply it.