The selection in RadListControl is determined by the SelectionMode property. The SelectionMode offers four different selection modes which the user can choose from:
- One: The One means that only one item can be selected at a time. This is default mode.
- None: The None mode is pretty self descriptive. It does not allow selecting items at all.
- MultiSimple: It allows toggling the selected state of an item by clicking on it or pressing the space bar. Using the keyboard arrow keys in MultiSimple mode moves only the active item. The active item is different than the normal and selected items. It has no fill color, only an outline. There can be only one active item at any given moment.
MultiExtended: It is a combination of One and MultiSimple and on top of that provides the ability to select a range of items. MultiExtended by default behaves like One. When the
Controlkey is pressed, it behaves like MultiSimple and when the
Shiftkey is pressed, it allows the user to select a range of items starting from the currently selected item and ending with the clicked item.
There is ActiveItem property that gets or sets the active item. The ActiveItem is relevant only for MultiSimple and MultiExtended selection modes.
Set the selection mode
this.radListControl1.SelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiSimple;
Me.radListControl1.SelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiSimple
In order to select an item programmatically you should use the SelectedItem property. You can select an item by index as well by using the SelectedIndex property. If you want to select an item by its value you can use the SelectedValue property. When usng the SelectedValue property a linear search is performed to find a data item that has the same value in its Value property.
Select items programmatically
this.radListControl1.SelectedItem = this.radListControl1.Items; this.radListControl1.SelectedIndex = 2; this.radListControl1.SelectedValue = "MP3";
Me.radListControl1.SelectedItem = Me.radListControl1.Items(1) Me.radListControl1.SelectedIndex = 2 Me.radListControl1.SelectedValue = "MP3"
SelectedItems property gets the collection of selected items.
When the selection in RadListControl has changed, the following events are fired:
- SelectedIndexChanged - Occurs when the SelectedIndex has changed.
- SelectedIndexChanging - Occurs before SelectedIndex changes. This event allows the operation to be cancelled.
- SelectedItemsChanged - Occurs when the content of the SelectedItems collection has changed.
- SelectedItemsChanging - Occurs before the content of the SelectedItems collection has changed.
- SelectedValueChanged - This event fires only if the SelectedValue has really changed. For example it will not fire if the previously selected item has the same value as the newly selected item.