A critical requirement for software accessibility is keyboard support as a complete alternative to pointing devices (mouse, etc.).
Keyboard support is comprised of command key, focus key, and keyboard navigation. RadComoboBox will seamlessly switch between mouse and keyboard navigation.
In order to configure keyboard support with RadComboBox its KeyboardNaviagationSettings should be set:
Certain keyboard combinations are reserved and used as shortcuts in the browsers.
<telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server" > <KeyboardNavigationSettings CommandKey="Alt" FocusKey="M" /> </telerik:RadComboBox>
- Focus the RadComboBox by pressing CommandKey + FocusKey:
- Press Alt + Down Arrow to expand the dropdown.
- Navigate the items using Up and Down Arrow keys:
- Press Alt + Up Arrow or "Esc" to close the dropdown.
- Press Enter to select an Item.