The purpose of this section is to provide you with information on how to integrate Telerik Data Access in your WPF applications. To complete the tutorial, you must have installed:
- Microsoft VisualStudio 2010 or a later version.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or a later version with Database Services, or the Express edition of SQL Server 2005 or a later version.
- Sofia Car Rental sample database.
- Telerik Data Access
- Telerik RadControls for WPF
Telerik Data Access Samples Kit includes the following WPF demos:
- ASP.NET Web API with WPF MVVM - demonstrates ASP.NET Web API services consumed by a WPF application that implements the MVVM pattern.
- Sofia Car Rental - WCF Data Services - demonstrates WCF Data Services.
- Sofia Car Rental - WCF Plain Services - demonstrates WCF Plain Services.
- Basic Spatial Data With Telerik Data Access - demonstrates how to use spatial data types with Telerik Data Access.
For more advanced WPF demos, you could refer to Telerik Data Access Samples Kit. It is an easy to use resource browser that includes various demos and relevant information for the developers. The samples are grouped by technology (ASP.NET, Silverlight, WPF, WCF, N-Tier, etc.) and can be filtered by programming language (C# or VB) and complexity (levels 100-400). The Telerik Data Access Samples Kit is intended for browsing the code samples offline, so it should be downloaded and installed separately from the Telerik Data Access product.
In This Section
- Creating Domain Model
- Creating the WPF Project
- Creating Converters and the Base View Interface
- Setting up the Main View
- Setting up the Secondary View
- Dfining the User Interface of MainWindow
- Dfining the User Interface of AddEditWindow
- Implementing ViewModelBase and RelayCommand
- Preparing CarsViewModel
- Retrieving Cars from the Database and Disposing the Context
- Initializing MainViewModel
- Filtering and Refreshing the Displayed Data
- Deleting Cars from the Database
- Preparing AddEditViewModel
- Saving New or Edited Cars
- Initializing AddEditModel