This tutorial demonstrates best practices for managing a web application with Telerik Data Access used for the Data Access Layer. This sample shows how to integrate the Telerik ASP.NET Ajax controls with Telerik Data Access. A recommended approach for handling database interaction logic is on the spotlight. The front-end layer is smoothly developed with the Telerik ASP.NET Ajax controls which use a service functionally dependent on Telerik Data Access.
For more advanced ASP.NET demos, you could refer to the Telerik Data Access Samples Kit. It is an easy to use resource browser that includes various demos and relevant information for the developers. The samples are grouped by technology (ASP.NET, Silverlight, WPF, WCF, N-Tier, etc.) and can be filtered by programming language (C# or VB) and complexity (levels 100-400). The Telerik Data Access Samples Kit is intended for browsing the code samples offline, so it should be downloaded and installed separately from the Telerik Data Access product.
The walkthroughs in this section are intended for users who are familiar with developing applications for ASP.NET by using Visual Studio and know how to work with Telerik Data Access. To complete the walkthroughs, you must have the following installed:
- Telerik Data Access, which can be downloaded from here.
- Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax, which can be downloaded from here.
- SofiaCarRental sample database.
In this section:
Creating a New Telerik Data Access Web Application
- Reading and Displaying Data
- Inserting Data
- Updating Data
- Deleting Data
- IIS Deployment
The Telerik Data Access Samples Kit includes the following ASP.NET demos:
- Sofia Car Rental ASP.NET Ajax example - demonstrates the best practices for implementing a solution with an ASP.NET Web Site project as a User Interface layer and Telerik Data Access used in the Data Access Layer.
- Managing the OpenAccessContext - demonstrates best practices for managing the OpenAccessContext in web projects using Telerik Data Access for implementing the data layer.
- CRUD example - demonstrates how the basic CRUD operations are performed using Telerik Data Access.
- Dynamic data example with Telerik Data Access - shows how to integrate a Telerik Data Access model with dynamic data web application.
- Cascading delete with Telerik Data Access - demonstrates how to delete a hierarchy of objects.
- Dynamic LINQ with Telerik Data Access and ASP.NET - shows how to use Telerik Data Access with Dynamic LINQ.
- Hierarchical RadGrid with Telerik Data Access and ASP.NET - shows how to display hierarchical data in a Telerik RadGrid control with Telerik Data Access.
- Data binding with OpenAccessLinqDataSource - illustrates all scenarios of using OpenAccessLinqDataSource ASP.NET control.
- Self-referencing with RadTreeView and Telerik Data Access - illustrates how to integrate a self-referencing model with RadTreeView.