The New Fluent Model Wizard of Telerik Data Access allows you to create a new Fluent Model including mapping configuration and persistent classes from an existing database, or generate a base for you to manually define your persistent classes and mapping configuration. The wizard can be started from the Telerik Data Access Fluent Class Library project template or from the Telerik Data Access Fluent Model item template.
The New Fluent Model Wizard will guide you through the multiple steps of creating a Fluent Model and consists of the following screens:
- Select Fluent Model Type
- Define Relational Naming Rules
- Setup Database Connection
- Choose Database Items
- Define Naming Rules
- Code Generation Settings
When you complete the wizard, it will add the following to your project:
- Context class - it derives from OpenAccessContext and usually has the same name as the model. It is used to perform CRUD operations against the mapped database.
- A MetadataSource class - it derives from FluentMetadataSource. This class contains the mapping configuration for the model.
- Persistent Classes - if you are generating a Fluent Model based on an existing database, the wizard will generate and add to your project persistent classes for the chosen database tables.
- A reference to the Telerik.OpenAccess assembly.
- A reference to the Telerik.OpenAccess.35.Extensions assembly.