This article demonstrates how to create a new application that has the Progress® Telerik® UI for Blazor components working.
To create a new Telerik UI for Blazor application, use the Create New Project Wizard. The wizard detects all installed versions of Telerik UI for Blazor and lists them in the Version combobox—this enables you to start your project with the desired version. You can also get the latest version to make sure you are up to date.
To use the Create New Project Wizard, install the Telerik UI for Blazor Visual Studio Extensions. You can get them from the:
- Visual Studio Marketplace (for Windows)
- Telerik UI for Blazor automated installer (for Windows and Mac)
- Your Telerik.com account - the
.mpackfile for VS for Mac
To start the wizard, use either of the following approaches:
Using the Extensions menu:
- Open the Extensions menu.
- Click Telerik > Telerik UI for Blazor > Create New Telerik Project.
- Follow the wizard.
Using the Project menu:
- Click File > New > Project.
- Find and click the Telerik C# Blazor Application option (you can use the search, or filter by Blazor templates).
- Follow the wizard.
You will have the standard options to select a location and name for your app, and then you will receive a list of predefined Telerik templates and the Telerik Blazor versions list to choose from:
Blank Template - This is a blank solution based on the Microsoft template, but with the Telerik components added (NuGet package reference, assets, service, the TelerikRootComponent).
CRUD, Form, Chart Template - A small app that showcases the Telerik Grid, Chart and forms validation. The grid also uses a basic CUD service which is a common pattern for data updates in a real application.
Dashboard Template- A basic dashboard layout that uses the TileLayout component for customizable dashboards and showcases several ways individual blocks (tiles) can fetch data.
To get a better understanding of what the wizard does for you, see either of the following articles:
- Getting Started with Client-side apps
- Getting Started with Server-side apps
- Overview of what you need