As of the Kendo UI Q1 2015 release, Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC contains the Kendo UI Scaffolder extension.
It allows you to generate MVC-wrapper widget declarations together with the related Controller action methods. Currently, the Kendo UI Grid, Scheduler, and Chart widgets can be scaffolded. More widgets will be added in future releases.
- Visual Studio 2013 (with Update 2 or higher) or Visual Studio 2015
- ASP.NET MVC 4 or ASP.NET MVC 5
- Entity Framework Data Model
The extension will be automatically installed by the Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC installer.
You could also manually install it by navigating to the wrappers\aspnetmvc\Scaffolding folder of the distribution package and opening the included vsix file. It will automatically detect compatible Visual Studio versions.
To use the Kendo UI Scaffolder Visual Studio extension, follow the steps below.
The Kendo UI Scaffolder extension could be accessed through the New Scaffolded Item... menu which has different items depending on the currently installed Scaffolders.
Figure 1. New scaffolded items
Select the Kendo UI Scaffolder from the next menu.
Figure 2. Kendo UI Scaffolder
This brings up the Kendo UI scaffolding configuration panel to choose between the Kendo UI Grid, Chart, or Scheduler controls.
Figure 3. Kendo UI Scaffolder widget selection
For detailed information on possible configuration options, refer to the following articles:
- Scaffolding of the Grid HtmlHelper
- Scaffolding of the Chart HtmlHelper
- Scaffolding of the Scheduler HtmlHelper
The Controller will be generated in the currently selected location along with the corresponding view.
For a list of issues and solutions to common problems you may encounter while working with the Kendo UI Scaffolder Visual Studio extension, refer to the troubleshooting article on scaffolding.
- Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC Overview
- Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC Fundamentals
- Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC NuGet Packages
- Scaffolding with Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC
- Use Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC in MVC 3 Applications
- Use Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC in MVC 4 Applications
- Use Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC in MVC 5 Applications
- Use Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core
- Use Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC Visual Studio Extensions
- Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC Troubleshooting