The Progress Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core Visual Studio (VS) Extensions enhance the experience in developing MVC web applications with Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core. The VS Extensions come with handy templates that ease the creation of new projects. They also help you to add UI for ASP.NET Core to an existing project or to upgrade the UI for ASP.NET Core version. The UI for ASP.NET Core VS extensions support VS 2017 and 2019 and are distributed with the Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core installer.
The VS Extensions help you to increase your productivity by delivering the following:
- Fully configured templates for new projects that include the required package references and client-side resources
- Convert Project Wizard that can turn any existing project to a complete Telerik application with everything necessary to run UI for ASP.NET Core
- ASP.NET Core version and target framework selection
- UI for ASP.NET Core version selection
- An option to download the latest UI for ASP.NET Core version without exiting the Project Wizard
- An HTMLHelper and a TagHelper version for every template project
- Selection of CDN support or local copy the client-side resources for converted projects
- Theme selection and preview ensures only the necessary CSS files are included
There are two ways to install the VS Extensions:
Go to the
Progress Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core Extension page and click Download. When the download is complete, navigate to the download folder and click on the downloaded file
TelerikUI.ASP.NET.Core.VSPackage.vsix to install the extensions.
- Launch Visual Studio
- Select Extensions from the menu at the top (in Visual Studio 2017 it is Tools)
- Press Manage Extensions from the drop-down menu (in Visual Studio 2017 - Extensions and Updates)
- Click Online to the left and select Visual Studio Marketplace
Telerik ASP.NET Core VSExtensionsin the Search text box
- Select the extension and click Download
The VSIX Installer will handle any missing prerequisites in Visual Studio for you.
There are two project wizards available:
To access the VS extensions from the VS Toolbar go to Extensions > Telerik > Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core. Choose from one of the two options - Create New Project or Convert to Telerik Application.
To access the template projects go to File > New > Project and search for
To access the VS extensions from the VS Toolbar go to Telerik > Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core. Choose from one of the two options - Create New Project or Convert to Telerik Application.
To access the template projects go to File > New > Project and click on Installed > Telerik or search for
Telerikin the serach textbox on the right.