Test Studio vs. Run-Time Edition
- Test Studio - develop and execute tests on one machine (per license).
- Run-Time Edition - execute tests on one machine (per license). No GUI for loading and developing tests. Intended to be installed on build servers or scheduling and execution servers.
Licensing is managed on a per machine basis. You activate a single license on one machine at a time. This includes virtual machines; Test Studio considers each VM as one machine requiring one license.
There are no restrictions on the number of users who work with Test Studio (or Run-Time edition) as long as the software is used on the licensed machine only and only one user is using the software at any given time. The floating machine license allows you to activate and deactivate the same license on multiple machines as long as you have just one activated copy at a time.
It is not possible to activate more than one license on a single machine at a time. You cannot install Test Studio and the Run-Time edition on the same machine at the same time.
What's Included in Run-Time Edition?
|Component ||Description |
| ArtOfTest.Runner ||Test Studio's built-in automated test execution engine. Available for use from the command line. |
|Telerik.TestStudio.ManualRunner ||Test Studio's built-in manual test execution engine. Available for use from the command line. |
|MSBuild Add-On ||Support for performing a build with MSBuild and running a test with MSTest. |
|Browser Extensions ||Execute tests in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. |
|Results Viewer || |
Someone like a manager can load and view the .aiiresult file (the output from a Test Studio test list run). Use this program by:
- Double click an .aiiresult file in the Results folder.
- Load it directly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Test Studio\Bin\Telerik.TestStudio.ResultsViewer.exe
|Scheduling Server Utility || |
Configure machine as a Scheduling Server for use with Test Studio's Scheduling feature.
- Launch utility: Start > All Programs > Telerik > Test Execution > Configure as Scheduling Server
|Execution Server Utility || |
Configure machine as a Execution Server for use with Test Studio's Scheduling feature.
- Launch utility: Start > All Programs > Telerik > Test Execution > Configure as Execution Server
Where Do I Install Run-Time Edition?
|Test Studio Environment ||Build Server Environment |
- Scheduling Server
- Execution Server
- Performance Testing
- Load Testing
- Build Server/Agent
- Test Controller
- Test Agent