- Not all test steps play out directly inside the browser. Web pages can display popup dialog windows in the form of alerts, confirmations, and other browser instances.
- Test Studio allows you to track and respond to dialog windows and can handle HTML popups and Win32 dialogs.
- An HTML popup is a new browser window that is detected automatically. Test Studio will prompt you to automate the popup.
- A Win32 dialog is not a browser window, but a dialog displayed by the Windows operating system.
- Test Studio typically inserts the appropriate handler into your test automatically when recording against a dialog. You can also insert a dialog handler manually, however.
Displays a message and a single "OK" button.
Displays a message and asks a question.
Enters username, password, and click "OK".
Asks whether to leave or stay on the current page.
Inputs the path of a file to be uploaded to the server.
Indicate multiple files for upload using space-separated quoted file paths.
Saves a file hosted on the server locally to disk.