Steps on how to add ObjectDataSource in a report designed in the Standalone Designer
||Progress® Telerik® Reporting
- Open Visual Studio and create a new Class Library.
- Add the following piece of code from How to: Bind to a BusinessObject article.
. . .
. . .
- Run the project and close it.
- Copy the built assembly to clipboard - navigate to the project folder -> bin -> Debug and copy the dll file.
- Navigate to the installation folder of the Report designer (for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Progress\Telerik Reporting R1 2019\Report Designer ) and paste the .dll file.
- Open the Telerik.ReportDesigner.exe.config file through an editor and add a reference for the assembly. For example:
- Save and close.
- Open the Report Designer and create a new report.
- Navigate to Data -> Object Data Source.
- Select from the Available data source types and follow the Wizard instructions until the process is completed.