Multi-Column Report - Across the Page and Then Down
|Product||Progress® Telerik® Reporting|
Out of the box, Telerik Reporting offers multi-column reports with data flow - down the page and then across. How to set up this report layout is elaborated in the help article How to: Create a Multi-Column Report. However, in some cases you may need a multi-column report layout with data flow across the page and then down.
Due to the data driven nature of Telerik Reporting this can be easily achieved with our Table/Crosstab/List item and indexed data.
- Add a List to your report definition;
- Set the List.DataSource according to your datasource. For more info see: Connecting to Data help articles;
- Open the Group Explorer in extended mode;
- Set the (Detail) row group Grouping expression to:
=Fields.MyDataIndex/3, where the number (i.e. 3) should equal the number of expected columns;
- Set the (Static) column group Grouping expression to:
=Fields.MyDataIndex%3, where the number (i.e. 3) should equal the number of expected columns;
- Add the necessary items to the List's Panel;
- Preview the report.
MyDataIndexfield should start at
Download a Sample Report from our GitHub Reporting-Samples repository.