Failed to create component ReportViewer
|Product||Progress® Telerik® Reporting|
The error message contains the following: Failed to create component ReportViewer which might appear in the Visual Studio Report Designer after upgrade of Telerik Reporting version.
Failed to create component ReportViewer. The error message follows: "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik,Reporting.Design.VisualStudio, Version=22.214.171.1245, Culture=neutral' or one of its assemblies"
- Ensure Visual Studio is closed.
- Completely uninstall all versions of Telerik Reporting. This can be done through the Windows Control Panel or through the Progress Control Panel.
- Reboot the machine.
- Reinstall the latest version of Telerik Reporting. This can be done through the MSI Download or through the Progress Control Panel.
- Open the Visual Studio project.
- Open the report and observe if the designer was able to load correctly.