Adding External Data Provider to .NET 6 Standalone Designer
|Product||Progress® Telerik® Reporting|
|Report Designer||.NET Standalone Designer|
With R3 2022, we started shipping a Stanadalone Report Designer compiled for .NET 6.0 runtime which allows resolving assemblies that target .NET Core/5/6. The designer now has the ability to automatically discover assemblies which means that there is no need to register them in the configuration file.
The designer can be found in the installation folder of Telerik Reporting ->
In this article, you will learn how to add external data providers used for the SQL DataSource.
We will add the SqlClient Data Prover for this example. The approach can be used for any data provider.
- Create a new console application targeting .NET 6.
- Add the
- Build the project and go to the
- Copy the DLLs related to the Microsoft.Data.SqlClient:
Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.dlland so on.
- Paste them into the Standalone Designer for .NET 6 folder. By default, this would be the installation folder of Telerik Reporting ->
Binfolder of the console application should contain an additional folder named
runtimeswith several subfolders such as
win-x64, etc. Copy the DLLs from the folders that correspond to your Operating System and CPU architecture.
- Paste the additional assemblies in the folder of the Standalone Designer for .NET and replace the existing ones if there are any duplicates.
- Restart the designer if you have previously opened it.
- Add a new SQL DataSource. You will see that the Data Provider is in the dropdown.