The quickest way to add a Windows Form Report Viewer to your Windows Form project is with the Telerik Report Viewer Form item template.
The item template is available in the Add New Item dialog box under the Windows Form category.
This item template will do the following:
- Build the project and check that the project is using a compatible .NET version.
- Open the Add New Report Viewer dialog to choose a report definition for the report viewer.
If missing add the required Telerik Reporting references:
Add a Form with Windows Form Report Viewer.
- Setup the viewer's connection depending on selected engine type.
- Show a summary log that list all of the made changes.
If the selected engine is of remote type (REST Service or Report Server), the item template will:
- Add a reference to Telerik.Reporting.Services.HttpClient to the current project.
- Add a reference to System.Net.Http and System.Net.Http.Formatting via NuGet package to the current project.
If the selected engine is REST Service additionally it will do the following:
- Create a new web project that will host the REST service.
- Register the provided REST service URL into IIS Express virtual directories list.
Register all the needed NuGet packages for the REST service.
In some cases the solution must be rebuilt in order to restore the NuGet packages and start the REST service project correctly.
If the current application has to be declared as DPI-aware, an additional element needs to be added to the application manifest file, as explained in Declaring the application as DPI-aware.