Telerik Report Server Service Agent is not running error when managing reports/tasks/alerts
|Product||Progress® Telerik® Report Server|
To perform certain operations, Report Server requires a running instance of Telerik.ReportServer.ServiceAgent service which is a local Windows service. Such operations can include creating or updating tasks and alerts, updating reports that have tasks and alerts linked to them.
Telerik Report Server Service Agent is not running. Please check the Windows service.
1. The service is not running.
2. The server application cannot communicate with the service at the configured port.
To make sure that the service is running and that the Report Server application can find the service using the configured address check the following:
1. Open Windows Task manager and look for Telerik.ReportServer.ServiceAgent service - it should be running.
2. Open Telerik.ReportServer.ServiceAgent.exe.config located at [installation folder]\Progress\Telerik Report Server\Services and look for the address of the service (baseAddress element). Paste this address in the browser to check if the service is functioning.
3. Open server's Web.config located at [installation folder]\Progress\Telerik Report Server\Telerik.ReportServer.Web and check if the address of the service matches the address provided in Telerik.ReportServer.ServiceAgent.exe.config.
4. Enable tracing in the Telerik.ReportServer.ServiceAgent.exe.config, start the service manually, and check the generated log file for errors.
<configuration> ... <system.diagnostics> <trace autoflush="true" indentsize="4"> <listeners> <add name="myListener" type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener" initializeData="c:\temp\ServiceAgent.LOG" /> <remove name="Default" /> </listeners> </trace> </system.diagnostics> </configuration>