The Fiddler Everywhere client provides easy and secure sharing of network debugging logs within your teams for quick analysis, communication, and resolution.
In previous versions of Fiddler Everywhere, collaboration was limited to exporting .saz files and sharing them over a different channel. Now, all sharing and commenting happen directly within the Fiddler Everywhere UI, providing a much more comfortable and secure manner of collaborating with your team.
Network sessions captured by the Fiddler Everywhere client can be saved and viewed later. These same sessions can also be shared with your teammates. Simply use the sharing features of Fiddler Everywhere and invite other team members to collaborate.
Save a session while following these steps:
- Capture the traffic.
- Use a preferred way to save a session. With Fiddler Everywhere, you can save captured traffic through:
Share a session with a collaborator while following these steps:
- Capture the traffic (that you will like to share with your collaborators). Alternatively, select a saved session from the Sessions list.
- Use a preferred way to share a session. With Fiddler Everywhere, you can save and share captured traffic through:
- Live Traffic toolbar provides Share option. Press the Share button to prompt two consecutive windows for entering save and share related information.
- Live Traffic list provides Share option through the context menu. Press the Share button to prompt two consecutive windows for entering save and share related information.
- Sessions list provides Share functionality through dedicated button. The list contains previously saved sessions or sessions shared with the user. Press the Share button to prompt a window for entering share related information.
- Context menu allows you to export different known formats (like SAZ, HTTPArchive, WCAT, MeddlerScript, cURLScript and others).
With version 1.1.0 of Fiddler Everywhere, the user has options to delete previously shared sessions. The sessions can be deleted from the Sessions list through the Delete button. All users added as collaborators will be notified that the shared session is now deleted through the notification bar and an email message. Deleted sessions can be restored through the Shared Sessions option.
Some network sessions can be missing important context that is not captured in the technical details. Fiddler Everywhere allows you to add meaning to sessions by adding comments. Your peers as well can add information to the same comment thread for full communication and collaboration.
The Fiddler Everywhere client allows you to add additional context by adding comments (per session) and adding notes (per shared entities).
Add a custom comment to one or more captured sessions to provide additional context.
- Select a session from the Live Traffic list or load saved sessions from the Sessions list.
- Add a comment using the Comment option from the context menu or press M while having the desired sessions selected.
The newly added comment will appear in the Comments column.
Add additional context in the form of a descriptive note while sharing a session or several sessions.
- Use the Share option from the Live Traffic toolbar or from the share button in the Sessions list.
- In the first dialog window, provide a name for the shared sessions.
- In the second dialog window, provide the additional information in the Add a note field.
The note will be received as a context in the email received from the recipients (the collaborator's emails).
The Fiddler Everywhere client informs the collaborators for shared sessions in two channels:
- The collaborators will receive an email with an invitation to open the shared sessions. If the creator has added note, the email will contain the note as well.
All listed collaborators will receive a notification within the Fiddler Everywhere client. You can click the notification to immediately open the share sessions in a separate tab.