The Fiddler Everywhere client provides a secure method for sharing network debugging logs with your teams for analysis, communication, and resolution.
As compared with previous Fiddler Everywhere versions where collaboration was limited to exporting
.saz files and sharing them over a different channel, now all sharing and commenting happen directly within the UI in a secure and comfortable manner.
In Fiddler Everywhere, you can save, and later on, view and share captured network sessions with your team, as well as invite other team members to collaborate. For additional security, you can enable encryption and protect all saved sessions with password protection.
The Sessions section is the place where you can organize captured traffic in folders, share them with collaborators, and create cloud backups. The section is part of a collapsable panel that you can hide/show to optimize your working space.
To save a session:
Use any of the available approaches to save a captured session:
- The Save option of the Live Traffic toolbar. The option allows you to save and organize sessions in the Sessions section.
- The Save option from the context menu of the Live Traffic list. The option allows you to save and organize sessions in the Sessions section.
- The context menu, which allows you to export the captured traffic in various formats such as
cURLScript, and others.
Optionally, you can protect the saved session by enabling encryption and setting a password. Only users with the knowledge of the password will be able to open the password-protected session. Password-protected sessions are listed in the Session list with a lock icon. Read more about encrypting saved entries...
To share a session with a collaborator:
Use any of the supported approaches to share a captured session:
- The Share option of the Live Traffic toolbar—Click Share to prompt two consecutive windows for entering the information related to saving and sharing.
- The Share option from the context menu of the Live Traffic list—Click Share to prompt two consecutive windows for entering the information related to saving and sharing.
- The Share button of the Sessions list—The list contains your previously saved sessions or sessions that were shared with you. Click the Share button to prompt a window for entering the information related to sharing.
- The context menu allows you to export various formats such as
cURLScript, and others.
When the shared session is password-protected only users with the knowledge of the password will be able to open the password-protected session. Read more about encrypting saved entries...
Fiddler Everywhere provides options for deleting previously shared sessions. To select the sessions you want to delete, go to the Sessions list and use the Delete button. All users added as collaborators will be notified through the notification bar and with an email message that the shared session is now deleted. To restore deleted sessions, use the Shared Sessions option.
Some network sessions may lack important details that are not captured in the technical data. Fiddler Everywhere provides options for you and your collaborators to add context to the captured and shared sessions, comment in the same thread of communication, and provide additional information by adding comments per session and notes per shared entities.
Add a custom comment to one or more captured sessions to provide additional context.
Add a comment by using the Comment option from the context menu or press the M key while selecting the desired sessions. As a result, the newly added comment will appear in the Comments column.
Add additional context in the form of a descriptive note while sharing one or more session.
In the first dialog window, provide a name for the shared sessions, set password protection, and choose local destionation folder.
In the second dialog window, provide the additional information in the Add a note field. As a result, the note will be rendered as context in the email received by the collaborators.
The Fiddler Everywhere client informs the collaborators about shared sessions in the following ways:
- Collaborators receive an email with an invitation to open the shared session. If the session creator has added a note, the email will display the note as well.
All listed collaborators receive a notification within the Fiddler Everywhere client. To open the shared session in a separate tab, click the notification.