All users with an active trial or commercial license have access to a Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX getting started video course available in Telerik's Virtual Classroom.
The training course is developed to help you get started with the Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX components and features. It aims to put you in the shoes of an engineer who adds new features to an existing application.
The course starts with an introduction to the AJAX framework. The training flow then takes you to an introduction to Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX, the ways to install and set up the components. Further, you get into enhancing it with one of the built-in themes and basic components. Then, you use more advanced components and you will also dive deep into the advanced Grid features, such as filtering and exporting data to Excel.
You will also learn about other important Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX built-in features. The final module is dedicated to deployment.
The next video shares a glimpse of the format and structure of the whole training and provides a brief overview of what will be accomplished through the steps.
This video explains the details around the project you will be modifying—what it is, what needs to be added, and what the accomplished state will look like.
The Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX technical online training has an approximate duration of two hours and is split into seven modules with the following learning path:
- Chapter 1: Introduction (Course Overview)
- Chapter 2: ASP.NET Web Forms Fundamentals (Server-side vs. Client-side rendering, Architecture, Page Lifecycle, Platform features, Structure and syntax)
- Chapter 3: Get Started (Installation of Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX, Project setup, RadScriptManager, RadStylesheetManager, Rendering modes, Device detection framework, Exporting to documents)
- Chapter 4: Server-side APIs (Data binding, RadGrid, Postback vs. AJAX, Enabling AJAX with Telerik AJAX controls)
- Chapter 5: Client-side APIs (RadAlert, RadGrid Client API, Styling and Theme Builder, Binding OData)
- Chapter 6: Important Additions (Deploying projects, RadChat, Chatbots and Conversational UI, HTML and Accessibility compliance, TestStudio integration)
- Chapter 7: Conclusion (Learning and Support Resources)