The OpenAccessDataSource component enables data items to connect to a Telerik Data Access Model. This allows seamless integration of Telerik Reporting with application or web sites that utilize Telerik Data Access. There are several main benefits when using the OpenAccessDataSource component for connecting to an Telerik Data Access Model:
- Dedicated design-time support - the OpenAccessDataSource component has its own set of design-time editors, tool windows, and a configuration wizard. In addition to this, OpenAccessDataSource adds support for entity schema in Data Explorer and live data preview of the report in Report Designer.
- Configuring database connectivity - the OpenAccessDataSource component offers an additional level of control over the database connectivity of the Telerik Data Access Model. You can specify a connection string or a named connection from the configuration file of the main application or web site. In this way OpenAccessDataSource can establish a valid database Connection both at design-time and when running the report in production.
- Maintaining OpenAccessContext lifecycle - the OpenAccessDataSource component allows the option to maintain the entire lifecycle of the OpenAccessContext automatically. It can create its own instance of the OpenAccessContext internally, keep it alive for the duration of the report generation process, and then destroy it automatically when it is no longer needed by the reporting engine.
- How to: Connect to a Telerik Data Access Model
- How to: Use Parameters with the OpenAccessDataSource Component
- How to: Configure Database Connectivity
- How to: Maintain the Lifecycle of the OpenAccessContext
- How to: Retrieve Data from a Telerik Data Access Model
- How to: Use the OpenAccessDataSource Wizard