This tutorial demonstrates best practices for managing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications with Telerik Data Access used for the Data Access Layer. You will learn how to create a sample MVC application, using the Telerik Data Access Database First approach or Telerik Data Access Fluent Mapping API. A recommended approach for handling database interaction logic is on the spotlight.
For more advanced ASP.NET MVC demos, you could refer to the Telerik Data Access Samples Kit. It is an easy to use resource browser that includes various demos and relevant information for the developers. The samples are grouped by technology (ASP.NET, Silverlight, WPF, WCF, N-Tier, etc.) and can be filtered by programming language (C# or VB) and complexity (levels 100-400). The Telerik Data Access Samples Kit is intended for browsing the code samples offline, so it should be downloaded and installed separately from the Telerik Data Access product.
The walkthroughs in this section are intended for users who are familiar with developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications by using Visual Studio and know how to work with Telerik Data Access. To complete the walkthroughs, you must have the following installed:
In this section:
- Creating a New MVC Project
- Creating the Model
- Adding References and Connection String
- Handling OpenAccessContext in Web Projects
- Creating the Controllers
- Creating the Views
- Testing the Application
- Working with Related Data
- IIS Deployment
The Telerik Data Access Samples Kit includes the following ASP.NET MVC demos:
- Ajax With Data Annotations - demonstrates an ASP.NET MVC application with client and server side validation using the Data Annotation Extensions over a code-first approach data model generated by the Telerik Data Access.
- Sofia Car Rental MVC 3 WebForms and Domain Model - demonstrates the best practices for integrating Telerik Data Access in ASP.NET MVC 3 applications.
- MVC Forum application with Fluent Mapping - a full blown forum application that takes advantage of the KendoUI MVC extensions and the fluent mapping capabilities of Telerik Data Access.