The Define Relational Naming Settings dialog is part of the Telerik Data Access Create Model Wizard, which enables you to specify various naming settings and rules to be applied on the generated relational items (tables and columns). Note that these settings will be applied when you want to update your database schema to the latest model state by using the Update Database from Model Wizard.
The rules described in this topic applies to Model First Scenario only. The Define Relational Naming Settings dialog will appear only if the selected domain model type is Empty Domain Model.
- Base column names on - allows you to choose the source of the column names. You could use either the field or the property name that corresponds to the given column. For example, if you have a field "_fldCstID" and a property "CustomerID" and you have decided that the source will be the Property, then the generated column name will be "CustomerID". Respectively, if you have chosen that the Field will be used as a source, then the generated column name will be "_fldCstID".
Name Processing - specifies the algorithm that will be used during the name processing.
Note that regardless of the selected name processing option, all invalid symbols in the property/field name will be removed. Also the generated identifier will be trimmed (if needed) so that it can match the maximum allowed length for the backend.
- Generate valid object names - removes any camel casing from the column name. It will also apply word breaks before each capital letter. This is the default behavior.
- Use input string as object name - this option will leave the property/field name as it is. It will not change any casing or apply any word breaks.
- Check for reserved words - this option is available only if the selected name processing setting is "Use input string as object name". It controls whether reserved backend words will be replaced with words that are save to use. If the selected name processing setting is "Generate valid object names", then this option is disabled and checked, i.e. check for reserved words is always performed if you are generating valid names and it cannot be turned off.
- Delimit identifiers - controls whether the generated database identifiers will be escaped on the server.