The OpenAccessLinqDataSource control, available in Visual Studio 2010, supports data binding scenarios in Web Applications that use Telerik Data Access and .NET version 4. The OpenAccessLinqDataSource control exposes LINQ to Web developers. LINQ provides a unified programming model for querying and updating data from different types of data sources. By using the OpenAccessLINQDataSource Configuration Wizard, you can configure an OpenAccessLinqDataSource control that connects to data from a database. You can also configure the OpenAccessLinqDataSource control to handle updating, inserting, and deleting data. The control does this without requiring you to write SQL Commands to perform these tasks. The control allows you to filter, order and group data. The OpenAccessLinqDataSource class also provides an event model that enables you to handle customized scenarios.
Telerik Data Access provides two DataSource controls that support data binding scenarios in Web Applications - OpenAccessLinqDataSource and OpenAccessDataSource.
The OpenAccessLinqDataSource is the new data source, released in Q3 2011. It exposes LINQ to Web developers. The data source is developed exclusively for .NET 4.0 enabling support for all the latest enhancements in asp.net like query extenders and DynamicData support. The OpenAccessDataSource control is the old data source.
All topics in this chapter target the new OpenAccessLinqDataSource:
- Getting Started with OpenAccessLinqDataSource
- How to: Add an OpenAccessLinqDataSource to a Web Page
- Performing Insert Operations
- Performing Update Operations
- Performing Delete Operations
- Selecting Data
- Filtering Data
- Ordering Data
- Grouping and Aggregating Data
- Working with Related Data
- How to: Set a Custom OpenAccessContext
- Exploring the OpenAccessLinqDataSource Events
- Concurrency Control with OpenAccessLinqDataSource
- How to: Add the OpenAccessLinqDataSource Control to the Toolbox
For a complete UI reference of the OpenAccessLinqDataSource Configuration Wizard, please refer to the following topics: