This article demonstrates how to create a new Progress® Telerik® UI for ASP.NET MVC application.
New Progress® Telerik® UI for ASP.NET MVC applications are created by using the Create New Project Wizard.
To start the Create New Project Wizard, follow either of the approaches below.
- Go to the Telerik menu.
- Click Telerik > Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC > Create New Telerik Project.
- Click File > New > Project.
- Navigate to the Telerik ASP.NET MVC project templates under Telerik > Web.
For convenience, the same project templates are located under the Visual C# > Web and Visual Basic > Web nodes.
The wizard detects all the installed versions of Progress® Telerik® UI for ASP.NET MVC and lists them in the Version combobox. This enables you to select a version you want to apply to your project.
Figure 1. New Project Wizard
The Create New Project page enables you to modify the project settings by configuring the following options:
- Project type—Choose the desired project type: Blank, Standard, Grid, and Menu, Mobile with Ajax Navigation, or Mobile with Server Navigation.
- Version—Choose the version of Progress® Telerik® UI for ASP.NET MVC you want to use.
- MVC Version—Choose the targeted ASP.NET MVC version.
After configuring the project settings, click Finish to start the creation of the new Kendo UI web application.
As a result, the wizard:
- Creates a new ASP.NET MVC application.
- Adds CDN references in the Layout file of the project for all Kendo UI styles and scripts. This includes the
vsdocscript that enables the Visual Studio IntelliSense feature. If you prefer to have the scripts locally, disable the CDN Support through the configure project workflow.
- Copies all Kendo UI editor templates.
- (Optional) Copies the Kendo UI assembly to your solution folder—it is possible to change this setting in the Visual Studio Extensions Options.
- Adds a reference to the
The Kendo UI ASP.NET MVC application includes a custom stripped-down Modernizr in a file called
kendo.modernizr.custom.js. It provides an HTML5 element support for old browsers, specifically Internet Explorer.
If you need the Modernizr in your application, remove the existing Modernizr and register another version which includes more components and features. In such cases, if HTML5 element support is required, include the
html5shiv component to make sure that the newly registered Modernizr provides such support.