The Telerik UI Tag Helpers for ASP.NET Core enable you to configure the corresponding Kendo UI widgets.
Tag Helpers can be added and further configured through predefined strongly typed attributes and also allow you to handle the events of the widgets in ASP.NET Core projects.
The Kendo UI widgets:
- Allow for a complete server-platform independence.
- Provide full control over the placement of the initialization scripts.
- Support the integration with the MVVM, AngularJS, and Single-Page Application development patterns.
- Support Visual Studio IntelliSense for the client-side API.
The UI for ASP.NET Core helpers:
- Provide for server-side data binding.
- Allow you to use the
ToDataSourceResult()extension method for binding Kendo UI widgets to server-side collections and for performing data operations (paging, sorting, filtering, and grouping).
- Provide integration with some ASP.NET Core features such as security trimming.
- Enable a simple implementation of CRUD operations.
- Support Visual Studio IntelliSense for the server-side configuration syntax.
- Enable Visual Studio Extensions for automatic creation of new Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core applications and for automatic updating of the Telerik UI version.
- Enable you to use scaffolding to generate widget declarations and related controller action methods.
To configure an ASP.NET Core project that enables you to use a Telerik UI tag helper, add the @addTagHelper directive to your
@addTagHelper "*, Kendo.Mvc"
You can also globally add the directive in
You can configure the Tag Helpers through the predefined strongly typed attributes which also provide IntelliSense. Complex and composite properties as well as nested configuration tags are not supported.
The following example demonstrates how to configure the
NumericTextBox tag helper.
<kendo-numerictextbox name="currency" format="c" min="0" enable="true" max="100" value="30"> </kendo-numerictextbox>
The following example demonstrates how to set the
change event of a NumericTextBox.
<kendo-numerictextbox name="currency" on-change="changeEvent"> </kendo-numerictextbox>
Tag Helpers might need to be disabled on pages where widgets render custom content—for example, the Button, Editor, Splitter, Tooltip, or Window. Some Tag Helpers, such as the
hrefone, are processed automatically and result in invalid HTML.
@removeTagHelper "*, Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc.Razor" @removeTagHelper "*, Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Razor"
TagModeenum of the MultiSelect is now renamed to
- More known issues