The ArtOfTest.Runner.exe is installed in your Test Studio installation directory. The default location is:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Test Studio\Bin
When working with the execution engine in the command prompt, make sure you always are running as Administrator and have the root directory in context as shown below so that you can call the runner directly.
Here is the Help Screen for ArtOfTest.Runner.exe:
Execution options modify command line test execution behavior. The help file (displayed by inputting ArtOfTest.Runner.exe -help from the command line) provides a brief explanation of each option. Here are some further notes about specific options.
Several execution options use file paths as values. When using file paths in the command prompt:
- Enclose the file path in double quotes.
- To prevent typing mistakes, use the clipboard paste option within the command prompt window. To find the paste option after copying the path to the clipboard, right mouse click on the top left corner of the command prompt and choose Edit > Paste.
- The test option takes the full path to an individual test file with the .tstest file extension. This file will be located in your main project directory and under any folder structure you have created to organize your tests. You can use the test option by itself. By default, results will be stored in the Results folder under the project’s root directory.
ArtOfTest.Runner Test Execution syntax
ArtOfTest.Runner Test Execution result
- The list option takes the full path to a test list file with the .aiilist file extension. This option provides for the execution of a test list which has many tests inside it. All test lists for your project can be found in the test list folder under your project root folder. You can use the test option by itself. By default, results will be stored in the Results folder under the project’s root directory. For more information about test lists, see Test Lists, Test List Settings, and Dynamic Test Lists.
ArtOfTest.Runner Test List Execution syntax
ArtOfTest.Runner Test List Execution result
- The settings option takes the full path to a settings file with the .xml file extension. The format of this file is similar to the app.config file, and overrides the settings contained in that file.
ArtOfTest.Runner returns an exit code so the Build Server can check for it on process exit in case of an exception:
|0 ||RUN_TESTS_SUCCESS |
|Run is processed and all tests passed. |
|RUN_TESTS_ERROR ||Run is processed and some tests failed. |
|NOT_RUN_UNEXPECTED_ERROR ||Run is not processed due to unexpected error. |
|NOT_RUN_COMPILATION_ERROR ||Run is not processed due to compilation errors. |
|No run to process, requested usage info. |
|No run to process due to general invalid arguments error. |
|NOT_RUN_TEST_NOT_FOUND ||Run is not processed due to invalid test path argument. |
|NOT_RUN_TESTLIST_NOT_FOUND ||Run is not processed due to invalid test list path argument. |