I'm experiencing an issue with the Test Studio application (as opposed to an automation challenge). I need to generate an application log file for troubleshooting purposes.
Test Studio supports logging. The logs are stored in a plain text file. This feature is turned off by default and you will need to manually turn it on. Please note that this log monitors "application" events. The log will not be of much value in troubleshooting true automation problems (e.g. the test doesn't press the button in my Login page).
You might be asked by the Telerik Support team to provide an application log for a particular problem. The best practice here would be to clear the log (if not empty to begin with) and enable it. After this, trigger the problematic behavior and subsequently send the log.
1. Click on the Help drop down in the upper right corner and Enable the logging.
2. This will turn on logging. After you experience the issue, open the log by clicking the View Log button.
1. Click the Help tab.
2. Click Enable in the Logging ribbon.
3. This will turn on logging. After you experience the issue, open the log by clicking the View Log button.
1. Click Status in the Test tab.
2. Double click on the remote machine that you are interested in:
3. Click Logging tab and enable log in. This will turn on logging. After you experience the issue, open the log by clicking the View Log button.
If you use only Runtime version you will need to manually edit the Registry on the machine. Load Regedit and find the Test Studio folder. The default path is:
- Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Telerik\Test Studio
Find (or create) the TraceLogEnabled key in this folder. Double click it and change the Value data to 1. You should also see the TraceLogPath value. This is where the log will be stored. Ensure you include the file name and type:
Find out more about using the application log in our troubleshooting guide.