The scheduling server keeps track of what tests to run and sends this data to the execution servers.
Before proceeding, there are a few things to confirm regarding the computer you will be using as the Scheduling Server:
- The software must be run from a Windows Administrator account.
- User Account Control (UAC: Windows Vista and 7 only) must be turned off completely (set to Never notify).
- The Scheduling Server requires a Test Studio Runtime installation or higher.
If you do not meet the above requirements, the software will not launch or will quit immediately.
Configuring a Scheduling Server for remote execution requires that you install the Storage Service on a machine you can access from the Scheduling Server. If the Scheduling Server has a Standalone installation, enable the Scheduling Component.
1. Open Test Studio. In the top navigation menu click the Set button in the Scheduling tab.
2. In the dialog that appears click MongoDB tab. Verify MongoDB data path and mongod.exe path and hit Apply. Confirm the* MongoDB is started* status at lower left.
The MongoDB tab will be grayed out (inactive) if you do not have MongoDB installed on the machine!
3. In the Storage tab verify the connection string and hit Apply. Verify the Telerik Storage Service is started in the lower left.
If you don't have MongoDB installed on the local machine you need to specify the remote machine name that has MongoDB installed. See highlighted.
4. In the Scheduling tab verify the information displayed and click Apply. Verify the Scheduling Service is running from lower left. Optionally you can configure Email (SMTP) server. This is in case you would like to receive scheduling result via email.
Close the dialog window and your scheduling setup is finished.
1. Click Start > All Programs > Telerik > Test Execution 20XX.X > Configure as Scheduling Server.
2. Enter the address of the Storage Service for the Scheduling Server to use and click Connect.
After you connect to the Storage Service, the Configure Scheduling Server dialog will display the URL for the Scheduling Service, which you can use to register test execution servers. You may wish to copy this URL for your records.
Optionally, you may configure an SMTP server that your Scheduling Service can use to send notification emails.