RadDocking exposes a FlyoutBehavior property which can be used to change the behavior of the flyout of the control's AutoHideArea.
This property could be set to either one of the existing implementations of the IFlyoutBehavior interface (HoverFlyoutBehavior and ClickFlyoutBehavior) or to a custom implementation.
[XAML] Example 1: Setting RadDocking's FlyoutBehavior
<telerik:RadDocking.FlyoutBehavior> <telerik:ClickFlyoutBehavior/> </telerik:RadDocking.FlyoutBehavior>
All that's needed for the custom implementation is to implement the IFlyoutBehavior interface and override its following methods:
- OnClosingTimerTimeout: Called when the time of the close timer is up. Commonly the close animation is started here. The close timer is started by calling the StartCloseTimer method of the IFlyoutHost.
- OnMouseEnter: Called when the mouse enters a RadPane.
- OnMouseLeave: Called when the mouse leaves a RadPane.
- OnOpeningTimerTimeout: Called when the time of the open timer is up. Commonly the open animation is started here. The open timer is started by calling the StartOpenTimer method of the IFlyoutHost.
- OnPaneActivated: Called when a RadPane is being activated.
- OnPaneDeactivated: Called when a RadPane is being deactivated.
- OnPaneMouseLeftButtonDown: This method is called when a pane receives the MouseLeftButtonDown event (i.e. when the user clicks it).
A sample implementation of a custom FlyoutBehavior for the RadDocking control can be found in the Click Flyout Behavior With Animation demo from the SDK Samples Browser.