Telerik XR Motions is a Unity package that provides components for easier setup of locomotion and teleportation functionalities in AR/VR applications. Telerik XR Motions provides a wide variety of features and settings for managing the scene navigation and the related XR specific camera effects.
This package is part of Telerik UI for Unity XR. If you need additional functionalities such as hand tracking, gestures, controller interactions, or vector-like canvas UI, you can check all packages provided by Telerik in the Unity Asset Store:
- Telerik XR Motions—contains functionalities for locomotion and camera effects. Includes Telerik XR Motions and Telerik XR Core packages.
- Telerik XR Interactions—contains hand tracking, gestures, pointer interactions, and other functionalities for hands and controllers. Includes Telerik XR Interactions and Telerik XR Core packages.
- Telerik XR CanvasUI—provides vector-like Canvas UI components. Includes Telerik XR CanvasUI and Telerik XR Core packages.
- Telerik XR Complete—contains all of the packages listed above, including the Telerik XR Integration package, which provides prefabs and sample scenes demonstrating how to integrate the functionalities between all Telerik packages.
There are two approaches for installing Telerik XR Motions in your Unity project—by importing the assets in the
Assets folder or by importing the packages with the Unity Package Manager. You can find the detailed steps in the Installation article.
Telerik XR Motions provides a variety of features that help you develop AR/VR apps faster. Follow the links below to learn more about each supported feature:
- XR Motions Rig—a prefab with all XR Motions features that you can drag-and-drop into the scene hierarchy for a quick XR navigation setup.
- Nav Mesh Setup—setup instructions for a quick way to define the walkable area in your application by using Unity's built-in AI.
- Smooth Locomotion—a functionality allowing you to move continuously in a specified direction.
- Teleportation Curve—a functionality allowing you to move instantly to a specified position.
- Turn Around Motion—a functionality allowing you to rotate the camera view direction without having to rotate in the actual world.
- Camera Effects—effects that are important for minimizing the chance of motion sickness.
- Locomotion Settings—a scriptable object settings allowing you to customize the different motion behaviors.
- Motions Gestures—several predefined gestures that you may be quickly set up with simple drag-and-drop of a prefab.
You can build AR/VR applications with Telerik UI for Unity XR by using the Oculus XR plugin which may be installed from the XR Plug-in Management section in the Unity Project Settings. Telerik XR tooling DOES NOT depend on the Oculus Integration Asset so you are NOT REQUIRED to download it from the Asset Store.
This version of com.progress.xr.motions is compatible with the following Unity versions, platforms, and render pipelines:
- Unity 2020.3
- Windows and Android platforms
- Built-in render pipeline.
Telerik’s team has always been committed to helping our clients to get the maximum of our products and achieve the project goals. We are always eager to get client’s feedback because we know that this is the right way to be aligned with developers’ needs and build our roadmap based on the most wanted functionalities. You can reach out to us or share your feedback using the following communication channels:
- By using the comment section of the purchased assets in the Unity Asset Store.
- By writing to the following email: email@example.com