Telerik XR Interactions is a Unity package that provides components for easier setup of controller, hands, fingers, and laser interactions within an XR application. The package also provides hand tracking for Oculus Quest devices without having the dependency on the Unity Asset Store Oculus Integration.
This package is part of Telerik UI for Unity XR. If you need additional functionalities such as locomotion, camera effects, or vector-like canvas UI, you can check all packages provided by Telerik in the Unity Asset Store:
- Telerik XR Motions—contains functionalities for locomotion and camera effects. Includes Telerik XR Motions and Telerik XR Core packages.
- Telerik XR Interactions—contains hand tracking, gestures, pointer interactions, and other functionalities for hands and controllers. Includes Telerik XR Interactions and Telerik XR Core packages.
- Telerik XR CanvasUI—provides vector-like Canvas UI components. Includes Telerik XR CanvasUI and Telerik XR Core packages.
- Telerik XR Complete—contains all of the packages listed above, including the Telerik XR Integration package, which provides prefabs and sample scenes demonstrating how to integrate the functionalities between all Telerik packages.
There are two approaches for installing Telerik XR Interactions in your Unity project—by importing the assets in the
Assets folder or by importing the packages with the Unity Package Manager. You can find the detailed steps in the Installation article.
Telerik XR Interactions provides a variety of features that help you develop AR/VR apps faster. Follow the links below to learn more about each supported feature:
- XR Interactions Rig—a prefab with all XR Interactions features that you can drag and drop into the scene hierarchy for a quick XR interactions setup.
- Skinned hand—a prefab of a custom hand model that can work well both with controller poses and with hand tracking.
- Interactions Gestures—predefined gestures that are used for achieving different interactions functionalities.
- Oculus Hand Tracking—a prefab that is dependent on the Oculus XR plugin and updates the XR Rig with the hand tracking input when such is available.
- Hand pointer—a prefab that provides the UI distant interactions pointer when hand tracking is activated.
- Finger pointer—a prefab that provides the UI close interactions pointer when hand tracking is activated.
- Touch interactions—a functionality allowing you to have close UI interactions with fingers.
- Controller pointer—a prefab that provides laser interactions when the active input is provided by XR controllers.
- Controller poses—a prefab that provides several hand poses based on the pressed buttons on the XR controller.
- Controller layout—a functionality allowing you to create tooltips for the XR controller buttons helping the user of your app to easily understand the implemented controls with their corresponding actions.
You can build AR/VR applications with Telerik UI for Unity XR by using the Oculus XR plugin which may be installed from the XR Plug-in Management section in the Unity Project Settings. Telerik XR tooling DOES NOT depend on the Oculus Integration Asset, so you are NOT REQUIRED to download it from the Asset Store. Telerik XR CanvasUI has a dependency for TextMeshPro, so you make sure it is included in your Unity Project.
This version of com.progress.xr.interactions is compatible with the following Unity versions, platforms, and render pipelines:
- Unity 2020.3
- Windows and Android platforms
- Built-in render pipeline.
Telerik’s team has always been committed to helping our clients to get the maximum of our products and achieve the project goals. We are always eager to get client’s feedback because we know that this is the right way to be aligned with developers’ needs and build our roadmap based on the most wanted functionalities. You can reach out to us or share your feedback using the following communication channels:
- By using the comment section of the purchased assets in the Unity Asset Store.
- By writing to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org