Telerik XR CanvasUI is a Unity package that provides UI components that can be rendered in a Unity Canvas and look sharp even at a closer distance.
This package is part of Telerik UI for Unity XR. If you need additional functionalities such as hand tracking, gestures, or controller interactions, you can check all packages provided by Telerik in the Unity Asset Store:
- Telerik XR Motions—contains functionalities for locomotion and camera effects. Includes Telerik XR Motions and Telerik XR Core packages.
- Telerik XR Interactions—contains hand tracking, gestures, pointer interactions, and other functionalities for hands and controllers. Includes Telerik XR Interactions and Telerik XR Core packages.
- Telerik XR CanvasUI—provides vector-like Canvas UI components. Includes Telerik XR CanvasUI and Telerik XR Core packages.
- Telerik XR Complete—contains all of the packages listed above, including the Telerik XR Integration package, which provides prefabs and sample scenes demonstrating how to integrate the functionalities between all Telerik packages.
There are two approaches for installing Telerik XR CanvasUI in your Unity project—by importing the assets in the
Assets folder or by importing the packages by using the Unity Package Manager. You can find the detailed steps in the Installation article.
Telerik XR CanvasUI provides a variety of components that help you build sharp-looking AR/VR UI faster. Follow the links below to learn more about each supported feature:
- Icon MSDF—a functionality allowing you to render monochrome icons in a vector-like manner using the multi-channel signed distant field calculations.
- Unity UI with MSDF—prefabs based on the default Unity Canvas UI controls extended with Multi-channel signed distant field rendering for a vector-like look in XR no matter how close the player looks at the canvas elements.
- Keyboard UI—a prefab providing keyboard functionality that works well in XR with laser and finger interactions and can be repositioned based on the currently focused input element.
You can build AR/VR applications with Telerik UI for Unity XR by using the Oculus XR Plugin which may be installed from the XR Plug-in Management section in the Unity Project Settings. Telerik XR tooling DOES NOT depend on the Oculus Integration Asset so you are NOT REQUIRED to download it from the Asset Store. Telerik XR CanvasUI has a dependency for TextMeshPro, so you make sure it is included in your Unity Project.
This version of com.progress.xr.canvas.ui is compatible with the following Unity versions, platforms, and render pipelines:
- Unity 2020.3
- Windows and Android platforms
- Built-in render pipeline.
Telerik’s team has always been committed to helping our clients to get the maximum of our products and achieve the project goals. We are always eager to get client feedback because we know that this is the right way to be aligned with developers’ needs and build our roadmap based on the most wanted functionalities. You can reach out to us or share your feedback using the following communication channels:
- By writing to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By using the comment section of the purchased assets in the Unity Asset Store.