Based on the HTTP traffic there might be targets which are not detected by Test Studio as dynamic but still these will be required to accomplish meaningful scenario. Or any of the auto-detected dynamic targets is not listed for transfer to a desired request.
To handle such scenarios Test Studio implemented the ability to add Custom Dynamic Targets. The Custom Dynamic Targets are available in the Choose Dynamic Targets view where all auto-detected are listed as well - once a user profile is captured or opened to be modified click the Choose Dynamic Targets button.
Once any custom targets are added to the user profile these will be displayed under the list with all auto-detected dynamic targets. To add a custom dynamic target use the Add Dynamic Target button.
- Step: Step to take the target from. Any step which contains a HTTP request can be selected. The Think time steps are filtered out and not displayed in the dropdown.
- Response: Which part of the HTTP response to be used - Body, Headers or Cookie. Select the necessary part of the HTTP response and verify its content.
- Content: Displays the content of the selected response part.
- Search Type: The type of search to be used in the content of the selected response - FullText, Regex, JSON, XML. Select any of the provided options to search for the necessary value from the response.
- Starts after/before|Regex|JSON path|XPath: Provide the search query to locate the desired value in the response.
- Search Result: Click to show the reuslt based on the search query.
- Current Value: Display the current reuslt based on the search query.