Assessing issues is the process of reviewing entered issues to ensure they are valid, adequately capture necessary descriptive information, and are appropriately categorized. After an issue is assessed, it should be sequenced according to the priority for mitigating or resolving it. To assess or sequence issues you must have permission to edit issues.
How to assess an issue
- In the Unassessed Issues list, find an issue that needs to be assessed.
- Review the issue to ensure it is a valid concern for the project and has accurate information (especially for the description and severity).
- While the issue is selected in the Unassessed Issues list, click the Mark as Assessed button in the ribbon.
- This will move the issue to the Sequence Assessed Issues list.
- The place in the list it is initially added to depends on the Severity and Priority of the issue.
How to sequence an issue
There are two ways to change the sequence of issues:
- Dragging and dropping in the Sequence Assessed Issues grid.
- The grab handle icon at the front of each row can be used to drag an item from one spot in the grid to another which will change the sequence.
- Using the sequencing buttons in the ribbon.
- When one or more items are selected in the Sequence Assessed Issues grid, the ribbon changes to show new options, including the sequencing buttons.
- To change the sequence of the selected items, click Move Up, Move Down, Move to top, or Move to bottom.
What is displayed on the Assess Issues screen
The Unassessed Issues list on this screen shows the following:
- Issues that have not been marked as assessed.
- Issues that are not done or in progress.
- Those are issues with statuses that are in the not done and in progress status lists for issues in the project settings.
- For more information about project settings, see Editing the TeamPulse Project Settings.
- The preview pane beside this grid shows the details for the currently selected item. You can toggle the preview pane using the show and hide buttons at the top of the grid.
The Sequence Assessed Issues list on right screen shows the following:
- Issues that have been marked as assessed.
- Issues that are not done and in progress.
- Issues ordered by sequence (i.e. the order they should be resolved).