Email & Notification Setup
Before receiving notification or other emails, you must first supply TeamPulse with information for your SMTP server. These settings can be modified from the TeamPulse Settings page.
- Open Email Settings page, go to Settings -> TeamPulse Settings
- Enter the URL where TeamPulse is hosted. This will be used in the email body content to link back into TeamPulse. This URL is also required by TFS Sync to link back into TeamPulse from TFS. Example: http://my-teampulse-server:9898
- Enter the settings that TeamPulse needs in order to send notifications & other emails
- Enter the URL address where the SMTP server is hosted (example: 192.168.0.123 or mail.yourcompany.com)
- Enter the port which the SMTP server is using (default is 25)
- Choose the Authentication method (Default credentials or Password protected).
If you select “Password protected” method you have to provide credentials in order to send the notifications.
- Enter the from email address that all notifications will be sent with. Note: this does not need to be an active email address, and can instead be a no-reply address.
- The Send a test email button will attempt to validate and use your notification settings to send an email to a specified address.
- To enable notifications across all TeamPulse projects check the check box in the Enable Email Notifications section. This checkbox is considered to be a "master switch" for all email sending from TeamPulse. If this checkbox is not checked, TeamPulse will not send any notification emails.
- (Optional) If you have purchased the Ideas & Feedback Portal extension, you can also allow notification emails to be sent to users of that site. To do so, check the Allow email notifications for feedback items in the portal checkbox and/or fill in the Ideas & Feedback Portal URL.
- Save the changes
Notifications can be easily disabled for all users by opening the screen and clearing “Enable email notifications…” check box.