|Service||Notifications (Backend Services)|
Some Android devices cannot receive push notifications when the app is closed. The app can receive push notifications when it is running, either in the foreground or in the background.
On these devices most of the apps are not permitted by default to be awaken in the background. This way the app cannot process the received push notification when it is not running.
Currently, this behavior is identified only on devices from the following manufacturers:
You need to modify certain settings on your device.
- Open Settings → Protected Apps
- Place your application in the list
- On the app screen tap on the Security app
- Select Permissions → Autostart
- Locate your app in the list and enable "Autostart"
- Restart the device
- Locate the Auto-start Manager as noted here
- Locate your app in the list and enable "Allow"
Currently, we have not identified a way to achieve this behavior programmatically from your application. You may consider to instruct your customers to enable the option on their devices if they fall under the above category.