Apps are visible to all team members. Members with Developer role or greater can collaborate on an app, if the code for the app is configured for collaboration.
By default, all services in your app and account are configured for collaboration, except for the Code service. You need to commit it to version control so that other account members can contribute to your development effort. Until your code is configured for collaboration, the Code tab will prompt you that the app is not set up. Other users will not be able to contribute to the code.
Watch the video for a walkthrough of collaboration and connecting Code to a git repository.
- Verify that you have selected Telerik Platform at https://platform.telerik.com and you have provided your login credentials at the Login to Telerik Platform page.
- Verify that you have switched to the account in which you want to manage your app.
- Verify that you hold the Administrator or Developer role for the account.
- Open your app.
- Click Code.
- From the top menu bar, select Version Control → Configure Remote Repository.
- Select Connect to GitHub and click Next.
- Provide your login credentials for GitHub and click Sign In.
You can select the Remember credentials for the current browser session check box to preserve your GitHub credentials during the current browser session.
(Optional) Create a new repository.
- Select account context.
- Enter a repository name.
- (Optional) Enter a description for your repository.
- (Optional) Select the Private text box to create a private repository.
- Click Create.
Telerik Platform lists your newly created repository in the collection of existing repositories. To connect to the newly created repository, you need to select it from the list of existing repositories.
- Select the repository to which you want to connect and click Connect.
Verify that the invited collaborators are team members and have the Administrator or Developer role.
- Enter the user name or email of the user that you want to invite.
- From the drop-down list, select the user that matches your search.
- Click Invite.
Because of GitHub limitations, Telerik Platform might not refresh the list of collaborators immediately.
- Verify that the option to automatically push changes to the remote repository is selected.
- Click Done.