Telerik Platform provides a preconfigured Data Link Server that you can use to try out the Data Connectors feature. It connects to a sample Microsoft SQL Server database.
After you feel confident with using Data Connectors you can proceed to installing your own Data Link Server or connecting to one of the database providers that do not require a Data Link Server.
Take these steps to get started with the demo Data Link Server:
- Open the app that you want to work with.
- In the left-hand pane, click Data > Data Connectors.
- Under the "or start from a demo..." label, click the Demo Microsoft SQL Server tile.
- Enter a name for the Data Connector that you are creating.
- Click Save to create the Data Connector.
All connection settings are prefilled for you. You might want to spend some time familiarizing with the fields to gain an understanding of how to fill them in when setting up a Data Connector to your own database.
After clicking Save you are redirected to Data > Data Connectors where you can see the Data Connector that you just created.
To learn how to operate on the data, continue to the Create a Relational Database Data Connectors Content Type Using the Portal article.
The demo SQL database is reset to its initial state every 24 hours. Do not store any mission critical data in it.
- Introduction to Data Connectors
- Introduction to SQL Data Connectors
- Stored Procedures and Functions
- Introduction to Data