Product version: Icenium 1.6.1
Released: 2013, July 3
Last document update: 2013, July 16
Icenium 1.6.1 is a hotfix update for Icenium 1.6. For a list of the new features and updates introduced in Icenium 1.6, see Icenium 1.6 Release Notes.
New features and updates in this Icenium release are grouped as follows:
- Breaking changes: Breaking changes across all Icenium clients, tools and services
- General: New features and updates across all Icenium clients, tools and services
- Ion: New features and updates in Ion
- Notable resolved issues: Notable resolved issues from earlier releases
For a list of issues you need to be aware of in this release, see Known Issues.
[NEW] Updated Icenium Ion
Icenium Ion is updated to version 2.2.1. To run apps in Icenium Ion, you need to update to the latest version.
Icenium Ion 2.2.1 requires that your app targets the latest supported version of Apache Cordova. In Icenium Ion, you might not be able to accurately test apps that do not target Apache Cordova 2.7.0.
Updated support for Kendo UI Mobile, Kendo UI DataViz and Icenium Everlive
Framework updates might introduce new, updated or obsolete APIs that might modify the behavior of your app. You might need to manually update the libraries in your apps to the latest supported version. For more information about how to update the code libraries in your app, see Update the Code Libraries in Your App.
Updated support for Kendo UI Mobile
Icenium supports Kendo UI Mobile 2013.1.621. The Kendo UI Mobile app template is updated to the latest supported version of Kendo UI Mobile. For more information about the features and updates in the latest stable release of Kendo UI Mobile, see What's New in Kendo UI Mobile.
Updated support for Kendo UI DataViz
Icenium supports Kendo UI DataViz 2013.1.621. The Kendo UI DataViz app template is updated to the latest supported version of Kendo UI DataViz. For more information about the features and updates in the latest stable release of Kendo UI DataViz, see What's New in Kendo UI DataViz.
Updated support for Icenium Everlive
Icenium supports Icenium Everlive 1.1.0. The Icenium Everlive app template is updated to the latest supported version of Icenium Everlive and now lets you use Facebook for user authentication. For more information how to use this feature, see Introducing authentication with Facebook, Google and LiveID to Icenium Everlive.
New version available
You can download Icenium Ion 2.2.1 from the App Store.
Improved LiveSync when the current location contains a URL fragment.
- Apps that target Cordova 2.7.0 and are built in Debug mode might not run properly on iOS devices on the first run.
On a first run, iOS apps that target Apache Cordova 2.7.0 and are built in Debug build mode might not run properly. On a first run after deployment or after you close the app from the Fast App Switcher, the app refreshes twice and Apache Cordova 2.7.0 might not initialize properly.
The initialization of the Kendo UI or jQuery Mobile framework might prevent Apache Cordova 2.7.0 from initializing properly.
- In the simulator, you cannot test the Apache Cordova Notification API.
- On Android devices, apps that target Apache Cordova 2.4.0 and use the SQLite 0.0.2 plugin might not run properly.
- The startup time of the UI Designer tool is slow and it might seem that the tool is not loading your app.
- The simulator does not show the output for
console.log()when the simulated device is an iOS device.
- If you attempt to open a file before Graphite is finished loading all extensions (
XAPfiles), system errors are added to the log and the file cannot open. To continue your work, you need to restart Graphite.
- When working with
JSfiles in the code editor, system errors might be added to the log. These errors do not prevent you from working with Graphite.
- When working with
CSSfiles in the code editor, system errors might be added to the log and Graphite might stop responding. After restarting Graphite, the device simulator might not work properly and you might need to manually end any running Icenium processes from the task manager.
index.htmldoes not contain a
<head>block, you cannot run your app in the simulator. The device screen in the simulator shows
Error 500 - Internal Error.
- For applications built in Release mode and code signed with an Ad Hoc cryptographic identity or a Google Play cryptographic identity, you cannot download the application package or deploy it on device from QR code.
- When you attempt to open an app from a bookmark and you are not logged in, a script error might occur.
- The code editor does not load the contents of
JSfiles for the integrated Apache Cordova plugins and shows these files as empty.
- [Chrome-only] When you create or open a Kendo UI app, the browser prompts you that
https://app.icenium.comwants to use your location information. If you allow Mist to use your location information, your connection to Icenium will appear as not secured.
- Applications with a large number of script includes on a single page might not refresh properly.