To export an app compatible with NativeScript CLI, it needs to target NativeScript 2.5.0 or a newer version. If your app targets an older version, you need to migrate it to NativeScript 2.5.0 or newer version. If you migrate your app to NativeScript 3.0.0 or newer version, you need to continue your development in NativeScript CLI by addressing the numerous breaking changes introduced in NativeScript 3.0.0.
To export an app compatible with NativeScript Sidekick, it needs to target NativeScript 3.0.0 or a newer version. If your app targets an older version, you need to migrate it to NativeScript 3.0.0 or newer version. After you export the app, you need to continue your development in NativeScript Sidekick by addressing the numerous breaking changes introduced in NativeScript 3.0.0.
To install the NativeScript CLI, you need to use the
npm install -g nativescriptcommand. For more information, see the NativeScript CLI Github repository.
Properly configured environment
To build the exported apps with the NativeScript CLI, you need to setup your development environment and install all NativeScript CLI requirements. For more information, see Set Up Your System.
macOS system for iOS development
You need a macOS system to build iOS apps with the NativeScript CLI.
- Log in to Telerik Platform.
- (Optional) To migrate an app that contains TypeScript files, you need to complete the following steps:
- Open the app in question.
- In the Project Navigator, double-click the
.abignorefile to open it.
- Locate and remove the following lines (usually, lines 47 and 49):
- You have two ways to start the export process:
- In the Apps tab, locate the app you want to migrate and click on the Export to NativeScript CLI button next to it.
- Inside your app, right-click on your app name (second node from the top in Project Navigator) and select Export to CLI.
- When the migration process is complete, an archive containing the migrated project will be automatically saved on your system. Extract the content of the archive to a suitable location.
- Open the
package.jsonof the exported app and remove the
nativescript-dev-android-snapshotplugin from devDependencies.
.abprojectand any other
- Install the NativeScript CLI by running the
npm install -g nativescriptcommand.
- Run the
tns build <platform>command to build your app or the
tns run <platform>command to build and deploy the app on a connected device. For more information about all available NativeScript CLI commands, see The Commands article.