Before reinstalling or updating the extension for Visual Studio, you might need to uninstall it first.
- Verify that Microsoft Visual Studio is running.
- From the main menu bar, click Tools → Extensions and Updates.
- In the Extensions and Updates dialog, select Installed → Tools.
- Select AppBuilder from the list and click Uninstall.
- Confirm that you want to remove the extension.
- Click Restart Now to complete the operation and restart Microsoft Visual Studio or click Close to return to Microsoft Visual Studio without restarting.
Removing the extension for Visual Studio removes the AppBuilder menu from the main menu bar in Microsoft Visual Studio and you will not be able to create or modify AppBuilder apps in Microsoft Visual Studio.
If you are still experiencing issues with your clean installation of the extension for Visual Studio, perform this step.
- In Windows Explorer, go to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Telerikand delete the
BlackDragonfolder, if present.
Reinstall or update the extension for Visual Studio.
- The extension for Visual Studio
- Create and Run a Hybrid App in Minutes with AppBuilder
- Download and Install the Extension for Visual Studio
- System Requirements for the Extension for Visual Studio
- Using the Development Tools
- Using Custom Cordova Plugins with the AppBuilder Extension for Visual Studio