AppBuilder™ is the Integrated Cloud Environment (ICE) of the Progress Telerik Platform. By combining the convenience of a local development environment with the power and flexibility of the cloud, AppBuilder lets you build hybrid or NativeScript mobile apps for multiple mobile platforms.
AppBuilder has built-in support for Apache Cordova and NativeScript. Both frameworks let you build compelling applications that run natively on the major mobile platforms. With AppBuilder, you can skip the complex setup required by the Apache Cordova and NativeScript open-source tools and jump straight to the development process.
AppBuilder provides the following clients and tools.
- In-browser client: Browser-based IDE that is compatible with most modern web and mobile browsers. This is the default development tool of the Telerik Platform.
- Universal desktop client: A lightweight IDE available for Windows and macOS.
- Classic Windows client: A lightweight IDE for Windows.
- Extension for Visual Studio: Extension for the popular Microsoft IDE.
- Command-line interface: A command-line interface for Windows, macOS and Linux, delivered as an npm package.
- Package for Sublime Text: A Sublime Text package for Windows, macOS and Linux, delivered via Package Control.
- Platform companion app: management utility for the Cordova developer app and the NativeScript developer app available for free on the App Store and the Google Play.
- Cordova developer app: testing utility available for free on the App Store, Google Play and Windows Phone Store.
- NativeScript developer app: testing utility available for free on the App Store and the Google Play.
- Telerik AppBuilder Plugin: A Jenkins plugin which lets you create automated cloud builds for your hybrid or NativeScript apps.
- AppBuilder Helper for Chrome: a Chrome extension which enables CORS for the device simulator in the in-browser client to let you test network requests to non-CORS-compliant URLs.
The extension is not publicly available. Instead, when the device simulator encounters a possible CORS error, it will prompt you to install the extension.