To run your app on device during the development process, you need to build and code sign the app with a development provisioning profile or with an Ad Hoc distribution provisioning profile that includes the device. The provisioning profile must include the device that you wish to test on. To include a device in a provisioning profile, you need to register it in the iOS Dev Center.
To distribute in-house applications to selected users, you need to register their devices in your iOS Developer Enterprise Program in the iOS Dev Center.
For more information about UDIDs, see Code Signing Glossary.
- Verify that you are logged in the iOS Dev Center.
- Verify that you have obtained the UDID of your iPhone.
- Connect the iPhone to your Windows or macOS system.
- In iTunes, open the device information.
- Click Serial Number to switch to UDID.
- Copy the UDID.
- Run Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
- In the iOS Dev Center, click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- In the drop-down menu in the top left corner, verify that iOS, tvOS, watchOS is selected.
- In the left-hand sidebar, select Devices → All.
- Click +.
- Provide a name for the device.
- Provide the UDID of the device.
- Click Continue.
- Review the details for your device and click Register to confirm the registration.