Before you can create a provisioning profile, you need to have a registered App ID. The iOS App ID uniquely identifies an application with the Apple application services and lets you incorporate them in your app. The Apple application services include Push Notifications, In-App Purchase, Game Center and so on.
You can register an App ID in the iOS Dev Center only.
Not to be confused with the Telerik Platform App ID which is the unique identifier for your app in the Telerik Platform. For more information about the Telerik Platform App ID, see App Settings.
- Verify that you are logged in the iOS Dev Center.
- Run Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
- In the iOS Dev Center, click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- In the drop-down menu in the top left corner, verify that iOS, tvOS, watchOS is selected.
- In the left-hand sidebar, select Identifiers → App IDs.
- Click +.
- Type a description for your app in the App ID Description text box. The description is visible in the iOS Dev Center only and will help you identify your App ID in the list of identifiers that are available to your Apple developer account.
- Select the type of App ID that you want to create and provide a bundle identifier.
Switching between the two types of ID might automatically change any selected app services. For more information about application identifiers, see Code Signing Glossary.
- To use one App ID with multiple provisioning profiles, register a wildcard App ID.
- If you want to build and publish an app with a unique App ID identifier and provisioning profile, register an explicit App ID.
- Select the app services that you want to incorporate in your application.
- Click Continue.
- Review the details for your App ID and click Register to confirm the registration.
- Code Signing Glossary
- Create and Install Certificate and Provisioning Profile for iOS Development
- Create and Install Certificate and Provisioning Profile for App Store Distribution
- Create and Install Certificate and Provisioning Profile for Ad Hoc Distribution
- How to Create an App ID for Your iOS App