To publish an app in the App Store or to distribute it to a limited number of devices, you need to build it with a distribution provisioning profile. To create a distribution provisioning profile, you need a production certificate signed by Apple. With this production certificate, you can code sign an app for publishing to the App Store, for in-house distribution or for distribution to limited number of devices.
You can create a production certificate in the iOS Dev Center.
In the extension for Visual Studio, you can use the AppBuilder code signing assistance to create a production certificate and a distribution provisioning profile.
- Verify that you have created a certificate signing request and stored the corresponding
CSRfile on your disk. For more information, see Create a Certificate Signing Request.
- Verify that you are logged in the iOS Dev Center.
- Run Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
- In the iOS Dev Center, click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- In the drop-down menu in the top left corner, verify that iOS, tvOS, watchOS is selected.
- In the left-hand sidebar, select Certificates → Production.
- Click +.
- Select the type of production certificate that you want to create and click Continue.
- If you are enrolled in the iOS Developer Program, select App Store and Ad Hoc and click Continue.
- If you are enrolled in the iOS Developer Enterprise Program, select In-House and Ad Hoc and click Continue.
- On the About Creating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) page, click Continue.
- On the Generate your certificate page, click Choose File.
- Browse to the location where the
CSRfile for your certificate signing request is stored, select it and confirm the upload.
- Click Continue.
- (Optional) Click Download to download your certificate.
Add your certificate in AppBuilder.
- Code Signing Glossary
- Create and Install Certificate and Provisioning Profile for iOS Development
- Create and Install Certificate and Provisioning Profile for App Store Distribution
- Create and Install Certificate and Provisioning Profile for Ad Hoc Distribution
- How to Create and Complete a Certificate Request Using Visual Studio