The Kendo UI Upload widget uses an opacity filter to overlay the default file input's Select button. This filter is implemented as an ActiveX control in Internet Explorer 8 versions and older. As such, it is subject to security settings and can be disabled. Below is the sample image of an affected component:
Solution In Internet Explorer set the following option to Enable: Internet Options > Security > Internet (or Local intranet) > Custom Level > Binary and script behaviors.
When working in Internet Explorer 10/11 with Windows authentication the upload either freezes indefinitely or times out if a 401 challenge is received on the HTTP POST.
When working in Internet Explorer 10/11 with Windows authentication the upload progress indicator can go over 100% or freeze. This does not indicate that the request is now complete. The issue is not related to Kendo UI and is caused by an Internet Explorer bug. It can be observed with any
FormData XMLHttpRequest. The problem only seems to occur when accessing a web server on localhost.
Solution Deploy the application on a remote web server or disable asynchronous uploads.
When working in Opera, the following symptoms, indicating incorrect behavior, occur:
successis fired when the file upload fails.
- The server response cannot be accessed in the
successevent fires before the upload is complete.
Solution Turn off Opera Dragonfly. This debugging tool interferes with the upload by firing an extra
Load event for the
When a server error occurs, the complete server response is logged in the console. The console is accessible in a specific manner for each browser as listed below:
- Internet Explorer - open the developer tools (
F12) and choose the Script tab. The console is visible on the right.
- Firefox - install Firebug and enable the Console tab.
- Safari - enable the Develop menu from the Preferences/Advanced dialog. Open the error console from the Develop menu.
- Any browser - use a debugging proxy like Fiddler or Charles to obtain the server response.
Other articles on Kendo UI Upload:
- Overview of the Upload Widget
- Drag and Drop
- Send and Receive Metadata
- Modes of Operation
- Browser Support
Other articles on troubleshooting:
- Common Issues in Kendo UI
- Kendo UI Performance Issues
- Kendo UI Content Security Policy
- Common Issues in Kendo UI Excel Export
- Common Issues in Kendo UI Charts
- Performance Issues in Kendo UI Widgets for Data Visualization
- Common Issues in Kendo UI ComboBox
- Common Issues in Kendo UI Diagram
- Common Issues in Kendo UI DropDownList
- Common Issues in Kendo UI Editor
- Common Issues in Kendo UI MultiSelect
- Common Issues in Kendo UI Scheduler
- Common Issues Related to Styling, Appearance, and Rendering
- Common Issues in Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC
- Validation Issues in Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC
- Scaffolding Issues in Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC
- Common Issues in the Grid ASP.NET MVC HtmlHelper Extension
- Excel Export with the Grid ASP.NET MVC HtmlHelper Extension
- Common Issues in the Spreadsheet ASP.NET MVC HtmlHelper Extension
- Common Issues in the Upload ASP.NET MVC HtmlHelper Extension