All users with an active trial or commercial license have access to a Telerik UI for WPF getting started video course available in Telerik's Virtual Classroom. The training course is developed to help you get started with the Telerik UI for WPF components and features. It aims to put you in the shoes of an engineer who adds new features to an existing application.
The course starts with an introduction to the Telerik UI for WPF components and its benefits. The training flow then takes you to an overview of the demo application and further, you get into creating inputs, data grids, charts, document viewers, and more. The course also talks about how to enhance the components with one of the built-in themes and or by customizing the default styles.
Additionally, you will learn about other important Telerik UI for WPF built-in features, such as globalization, localization, and accessibility, as well as options for reporting.
The next video shares a glimpse of the format and structure of the whole training and provides a brief overview of what will be accomplished through the steps.
This video explains the details around the project you will be modifying—what it is, what needs to be added, and what the accomplished state will look like.
The Telerik UI for WPF technical online training has an approximate duration of 2 hours and is split into eight modules with the following learning path:
- Chapter 1: Welcome Settings (Course overview, prerequisites, about Telerik UI for WPF, tour of demo application)
- Chapter 2: Getting Started (Running the sample application code)
- Chapter 3: Basic UI Component (Working with input controls view models and visualizing spreadsheet documents)
- Chapter 4: Chart (Working with charts in order to visualize data)
- Chapter 5: Grid (Working with data grid)
- Chapter 6: Scheduler (Working with scheduler component to plan tasks and meetings)
- Chapter 7: Reporting (Working with the report viewer component)
- Chapter 8: Styling and Themes (Applying Telerik themes and customizing Telerik components)