Welcome to the official documentation of Progress NativeScript UI
Progress NativeScript UI is a set of free components that enable implementing rich-ui applications for iOS and Android by using NativeScript. Progress NativeScript UI is built on top of natively implemented components targeting iOS and Android.
NOTE: Although the components are free, they are not open-source and their code is proprietry. Read the components' license for details.
Progress NativeScript UI contains the following components:
- Calendar: A calendar component that offers different view modes, animations, great performance and customization options.
- Chart: A versatile charting component that supports all major Cartesian series types, as well as Pie and Donut series.
- ListView: A powerful data list control implementing a bunch of features native to the mobile world as item animations, pull-to-refresh, item layouts, load-on-demand, swipe-to-execute, etc.
- DataForm: A component that helps you edit the properties of a business object during runtime and build a mobile form fast and easy.
- SideDrawer: A customizable container component that can be used to implement a hidden view containing navigation UI or common settings – a pattern extremely popular with the best iOS and Android applications.
- Gauge: A customizable component that allows you to show the current status of a value within a range of upper and lower bounds, illustrate progress towards a goal or a summary of a fluctuating metric.
- AutoComplete: An extended Text View that can automatically complete user input string by comparing the text being entered to all strings in the associated data source.
Progress NativeScript UI is distributed via npm. You may download the package that contains the component that you want to use from the following locations:
- Calendar: https://www.npmjs.com/package/nativescript-ui-calendar
- Chart: https://www.npmjs.com/package/nativescript-ui-chart
- ListView: https://www.npmjs.com/package/nativescript-ui-listview
- DataForm: https://www.npmjs.com/package/nativescript-ui-dataform
- SideDrawer: https://www.npmjs.com/package/nativescript-ui-sidedrawer
- Gauge: https://www.npmjs.com/package/nativescript-ui-gauge
- AutoComplete: https://www.npmjs.com/package/nativescript-ui-autocomplete
For more information about how to install these packages in a NativeScript application, take a look at the Getting Started article.
If you have been using one of the old plugins
nativescript-pro-uiyou can read how to migrate to the new plugins here.
You can use the Progress NativeScript UI getting started application, which is publicly available on GitHub here: https://www.github.com/telerik/nativescript-ui-samples. This application contains various examples of the usage of the components in the suite. More information about how to run the application is available on its GitHub page.
You can use the Progress NativeScript UI getting started application for Angular, which is publicly available on GitHub here: https://www.github.com/telerik/nativescript-ui-samples-angular. This application contains various examples of the usage of the components in the suite. More information about how to run the application is available on its GitHub page.
In case you want to experience the native side of NativeScript and UI for NativeScript to the fullest, you can refer to the official sample NativeScript application. You can find its source code at this GitHub repo. You can easily check how the app works on your device by getting it from AppStore or PlayStore.
Your feedback will be highly appreciated and will directly influence the development of Progress NativeScript UI.
You can submit issues and feedback at the dedicated feedback GitHub repository here: