Telerik Data Access has been tested with MariaDB 10.0.1 Alpha.
The installation will add some entries in the Start Menu:
- Command Prompt - starts a command prompt.
- Database directory - opens the data directory in Windows Explorer.
- Error log - opens the database error log in Notepad.
- HeidiSQL - a client for MariaDB. It enables you to browse and edit data, create and edit tables, views, procedures, triggers and scheduled events.
- my.ini - opens the database configuration file my.ini in Notepad.
- MySQL Client - starts command line client mysql.exe
To use MariaDB, you will need:
- An account on an active server.
- Privileges necessary to create/modify a database. Integrated security is not supported.
- You have to install the Connector/Net driver for MySQL. Telerik Data Access supports only the Connector/Net driver.
For a complete walkthrough, demonstrating how to create a new Telerik Data Access Model connected to a MariaDB database, check out the How to: Create A Model Based on MariaDB Database topic.